Screen Updating = False at the beginning of your code, then if any user runs the code, they will not know what is going on and think that the computer system is not responding. You can ask the code to display a status message on the status bar so that the user is informed about the current status of the code. Display Alerts = True End Sub You can see the code posted in the module below - Now lets understand what each line of the code does - So first we set DISPLAYSTATUSBAR to true and then we set the message for the status bar..action_button.action_button:active.action_button:hover.action_button:focus,.action_button:hover.action_button:focus .count,.action_button:hover .count.action_button:focus .count:before,.action_button:hover .count: Option Explicit Sub macro1() Dim i As Long, lrow As Long Application.
All those Screen Updating = False's you see is called "sheer desperation". I can still enter the workbook and it is screenupdating away even right after the line set it false. Screen Updating = False" in the immediate window it works as expected. Thanks Colin Correct, when you step through in debug mode the screenupdating remains turned on. To test it properly, try this: Put a commandbutton on your sheet and paste in Application. Net) | Coordinates, Vectors and 3D volumes I've experienced this problem, with code that previously worked!I re-insist as well on the fact the "NO there was no call to another sub procedure setting it to "True" because when debugging my procedure, I could clearly see the value of "Application.Screen Updating" not changing from True to False (thus being TRUE before and staying to TRUE right after the "Application. Then comment out the line which turns off screen updating and see what happens; you should find that you scroll down the sheet as the numbers get filled. Screen Updating = True Try running it and you should see a short pause followed by column A getting filled with numbers.
which obviously isn't working because the screen updates a whole lot afterwards. I almost wish this were more complicated; the fact that everything looks so simple is making it difficult to think of what could possibly be happening! So this morning application.screen Updating was working as expected. The test code that I wrote is below: Sub test() Debug. One thing that seems to be common among those modules not working, is that they all contain code that changes worksheets. In any case, it's a real mystery why this happens from one day to another!